NEW Adventure in Intimacy Couples Workshop (3 days) (Cape Town)
August 10 @ 9:00 am - August 12 @ 6:00 pm$569
Join 2 others
NEW Adventure in Intimacy Couples Workshop (3 days) in Cape Town
- Presented by: Hedy and Yumi Schleifer
- Date: August 10 @ 9:00 am – August 12 @ 6:00 pm,
- Venue: Protea Hotel Durbanville, Cape Town, South Africa
- Tuition: $569 per couple, $150 deposit
Click here to download the event flyer
Learn effective communication skills, “dissolve” relational frustrations, and rekindle passionate connection at Hedy and Yumi Schleifer’s couples retreat, called the NEW Adventure In Intimacy.At the couples workshop, you will learn how three invisible connectors bring you together as a couple every single time.
The Relational Space is the first of three invisible connectors you will learn. Watch this short video about how Hedy introduces the Relational Space to a couple.
At the NEW Adventure in Intimacy you will discover and learn:
- to view conflict as a friend since it is a potential launching pad for growth
- that daily annoying frustrations can become powerful vehicles for productive change
- how learning more about your partner’s history strengthens your relationship and transforms the two of you into a team
- to reclaim your ability to have authentic conversations that can move you from automatic unconscious re-activity to intentional, conscious action
- how your transformed connection will reignite your ability to have fun, romance, intimacy, and passion, and reawaken your sensuality (you will start holding hands and caressing each other again) and regain your ability to “make love” and not just “have sex”
- that a conscious relationship will allow you to reclaim your empathy – your ability to “step into your partner’s shoes”
- that creating a conscious relationship, can affect all your connections including family, co-workers, and especially your children.
“My husband and I can finally be connected and I will have the love/lover I’ve always wanted – and thought divorce might be the only way.” – Lisa Ahearn
Whether you are married, engaged, beginning a new relationship, or in a committed partnership (gay or straight), you will learn how to become each other’s best friend, and how to create a relationship that is safe, passionate, and long lasting.
This new workshop teaches you skills not only for transforming your marriage/partnership, but also for creating stronger connections with your kids, extended family and colleagues. The more couples learn to apply these skills to all of their relationships, the more and easier it will be for our communities to become more vibrant, and more pulsating with life.
The NEW Adventure in Intimacy will teach you principles and rituals for deeper connection. Watch this video on “Dissolving Frustrations” which give you a sense of one of the skills you will learn at the workshop.
“It was more than I could have ever hoped for and brought so much life and completeness into what I thought was a lost cause.” – Laya DiMeola
During this fast paced, three-day marriage seminar, you will receive expert relationship advice and guidance for a healthy relationship. Couples on the edge will be empowered to take their relationship to a higher level, to step on the breaks and stop divorce, to turn a page, to start anew, and to create a dream marriage. Join Hedy and Yumi and spice up your relationship with joy, fun and renewed passion.
Whatever stage your relationship is in, the NEW Adventure In Intimacy workshop will:
- Help you and your partner re-establish real communication
- Transform your frustrations into vehicles for change
- Increase the zest and passion in your relationship
- Inspire you to experience the Miracle of Connection™.
This workshop is designed to create a safe and comfortable environment for all participants. You will work alone or with your partner and will not be required to share anything with the rest of the group. Confidentiality is respected and preserved throughout the workshop.
The workshop is based on Encounter-centered Couples Therapy, which is Hedy Schleifer’s method of working with couples. It is an integration of the relational philosophy of Martin Buber, the positive change approaches of Appreciative Inquiry and Re-evaluation Counseling, the latest research about Relational Neurobiology, and adaptations of processes from Imago Relationship Therapy. Other significant influences in the development of the NEW Adventure in Intimacy workshop are Hedy and Yumi’s marriage and Judaic background.
Their marriage continues serving as the laboratory for the ongoing evolution of skills for the development of Relational Intelligence and Relational Maturity of couples.
Give yourself the treat of tasting the sweetness of reconnecting with your partner, in a way that you dreamt about and wished for, but did not think possible.
Who should attend:
All couples, at all stages of their relationships, including:
- Couples undecided about staying together
- Couples moving toward divorce or who are already separated and want to know if it is worth putting any energy into saving the relationship
- Couples in the early stages of a relationship and are looking at the possibility of marriage or a deeper commitment in their relationship
- Couples preparing for marriage, or for persons who have been married before and wish to learn how to avoid repeating past mistakes
- Couples who feel “stuck” or stagnant in their relationship and want to renew the intimacy with their partner
- Couples who want to make a “good” relationship even richer and more fulfilling
- Couples who wish to create a better climate for the development of their children
- Psychologists, mental health counselors, social workers, and professional counselors, with their partners, who want to experience the power of Encounter-centered Couples Therapy.
At the completion of each workshop, the participants complete a short evaluation form. Here are some of the results:
- Question: Of all the events you attended in the past year, how would you rank this workshop? Answer: 68% of the people ranked the couples workshop in the top 1% of all the events they attended; 23% of the people ranked the workshop in the top 10%, and 8% ranked the workshop in the top 50%.
- Question: What is your valuation of Hedy and Yumi? Answer: 9.9
- Question: What is your overall valuation of the workshop? Answer: 9.6
- Question: How would you rate the “take-home” value of the workshop? Answer: 9.1
The above questions are on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Fair, and 10 being Excellent. Answers are the averages of all those that responded.
More information, questions, and registration:
Would you like to apply for a Scholarship?
Hedy & Yumi Schleifer offer a limited number of partial scholarships for each workshop and training. Scholarships are for tuition only, and not for hotel or incidental expenses.
Before requesting a scholarship, please consider that the tuition payment can be split into three monthly interest-free payments, with the first payment due with the registration.
Please click here to download the Scholarship Application form. Please complete and return this application via email to: HedyYumi@HedyYumi.com