Encounter-centered Couples Therapy (EcCT) Introductory Training for Therapists (3 days) (Cape Town)
August 4 @ 9:00 am - August 6 @ 6:00 pm$415
Join 14 others
Encounter-centered Couples Therapy (EcCT) Introductory Training for Therapists (3 days) in Cape Town
- Presented by: Hedy Schleifer, MA, LMHC
- August 4 @ 9:00 am – August 6 @ 6:00 pm
- Venue: Protea Hotel Durbanville, Cape Town, South Africa
- Tuition: $415 per therapist, $210 per non-therapist spouse/partner, $375 for Imago Africa members, $150 deposit
Click here to download the EcCT Introductory Training for Therapists event flyer
Hedy Schleifer is excited to present a new clinical training under the auspices of her recently established Tikkun Learning Center.
Watch this short video from the introduction of the EcCT video program which will give you a sense of Encounter-centered Couples Therapy.
What Hedy says about the training is:
“My work over the last 30 years as a couples therapist, and over the last 20 years in my laboratory for the relational paradigm, has crystallized into a synergetic understanding of what I call the “three invisible connectors”: the Space, the Bridge and the Encounter. These three invisible connectors, when revealed and applied to a couple’s daily life, create a revolutionary paradigm shift.”
Through lectures, in vivo demonstrations with couples, group discussion and Q&A sessions, Hedy will invite you to leave the training with new tools, increased expertise, enhanced skills, and a clear vision of how to achieve an even more relaxed and responsive therapeutic stance with your couples.
The training will include:
- The theoretical basis of the Relational Paradigm
- A description of the relational developmental journey and its impact on the couple’s “dance.”
- Live demonstrations of relational coaching skills
- How to introduce the Relational Paradigm to couples as a transformational tool
- How to assist couples in raising their “Relational IQ”
- How to empower couples in welcoming the genius that lives in their relational space
Who should attend:
- Who should attend: Couples Therapists, Counselors, Relationship Coaches, Organizational Development Professionals, Pastoral Counselors. Spouses and partners are welcome
What therapists have said:
Here is what Hilze Strauss, Imago Clinical Therapist, had to say about her learnings from Hedy Schleifer and her EcCT experience.
What other therapists have said
“The training with Hedy is like a living laboratory to hone your skill and expertise as a therapist. The learning itself is transformational.” Leo Dhont, LCSW
“The work that transforms is not in the head or intellect, it is in the heart and soul. You taught us how to get there with great skill.” Jean Griffis, Ph.D.
“Hedy’s incorporation of neuroscience, mindfulness, somatic experience, only the essential, eternal time and the language of abundance (to name just a few) is brilliant, and a must for any therapist who wants to work with couples, or for any couple who wants the relationship of their dreams.” Leslie Bartlett, LCPC
In her highly experiential style, Hedy will explore the realm of the “encounter”, which combines the words of each partner’s individual story, with the body’s vast potential for emotional and spiritual expression. Hedy will delve into the rituals that help couples become “bilingual”, learning and internalizing the vocabulary of the “other”. Hedy will also decode the complex distinction between the adaptive “survival dance”, and the dance of life in connection.
More information, questions, and registration:
Would you like to apply for a Scholarship?
Hedy & Yumi Schleifer offer a limited number of partial scholarships for each workshop and training. Scholarships are for tuition only, and not for hotel or incidental expenses.
Before requesting a scholarship, please consider that the tuition payment can be split into three monthly interest-free payments, with the first payment due with the registration.
Please click here to download the Scholarship Application form. Please complete and return this application via email to: HedyYumi@HedyYumi.com