- This event has passed.
Workshop Presenters Training with Maya Kollman 1-5 November 2017
November 1, 2017 @ 9:00 am - November 5, 2017 @ 6:00 pmR12500.00
Maya Kollman, MA is a gifted therapist and Relationship Life Coach, a passionate and down-to-earth workshop presenter, and a powerful and dynamic clinical instructor of mental health professionals. She is warm and funny, knowledgeable and intuitive, which makes for learning that appeals to all styles. In all her work, Maya is a master of creating a safe environment for everyone to look honestly at themselves and others and learn how to take their own next steps in healing and growth. She believes in the potential of people and in their capacity for deeper connection and transformation. She holds the vision of each person’s best self in a way that helps them live more fully and more consciously in their life, their relationships and in their work.
One of her colleagues in the Imago community of therapists and partners describes her this way:
“Her wisdom is profound; she knows Imago Relationship Therapy as she knows the rich soil of the earth; it’s as if she’s walked this path before. Her huge heart is only matched by her intelligence, her wit, her compassion and her commitment to the blossoming of all those who work with her.”
Maya is one of only five certified Master Trainers in Imago Relationship Therapy, developed by Harville Hendrix and Helen LaKelly Hunt. She is also trained and certified by Dr. Hendrix and the Institute of Imago Relationship Therapy as a workshop presenter for Getting the Love You Want and Keeping the Love You Find workshops and as a clinical instructor to train therapists in all levels of Imago Relationship Therapy training. Maya is a Life Coach for Relationships, former Professor at Rutgers University, and currently maintains a private practice in New Jersey. She is widely sought worldwide for training, supervision and lectures.
WORKSHOP PRESENTERS TRAINING 1-5 November 2017 MODULE I
This course is designed to prepare the Certified Imago Therapist to present intensive 20-hour couples workshops and starts with a five day personal growth segment designed to help the clinician actualize their full potential as a presenter.
Certification Permissions: Graduates may:
Represent themselves publicly as Certified Couples Workshop Presenters.
Conduct Getting the Love You Want: Workshop for Couples.
Receive labels from the IRI inquiry data base for their local area to market their Couples Workshops and have workshops listed on the Imago website.
Have use of IRI’s heart logo to market the Getting the Love You Want: Workshop for Couples.
Present up to one-day seminars or lectures on Imago Relationship Therapy for educational and/or marketing purposes.
Present one-day seminars or lectures to professionals on Imago Relationship Therapy for educational and/or marketing purposes as long as it is clear in all promotional material that the seminar or lecture is educational and is not considered a training or a certification program.
1. All applicants for the Workshop Couples Presenters Training Program must have practiced as a Certified Imago Therapist for the period of two years.
2. A letter of recommendation from their original clinical instructor in the Basic Clinical Training Program.
3. A letter of recommendation from one other faculty member.
4. Applicant must have completed at least 2 of the 6 Advanced trainings – Characterological Growth, Singles Training, Brilliant at the Basics, Despair to Repair, The Attuned Therapist, Receiving Love.
5. Applicant must have participated as an assistant at four “Getting the Love You Want: Workshop for Couples” led by a Certified Workshop Presenter with positive reports turned in by the presenter.
1. The applicant must be a paid up member of Imago Africa or their regional ILO.
2. Submit the Workshop Presenter registration form.
3. Submit a DVD unedited recording of a 1.5 hour session with a couple to the Institute at the time of the application.
4. Submit a DVD showing work as a public speaker or workshop leader taped in front of an audience done within the last twelve months.
1. Attend ALL sessions of the formal training without exception.
2. Complete required readings.
3. Organize and lead two couples workshops:
Workshop I – between Module I and II
Workshop II – between Module II and III
(Workshops I and II should include couples from participant’s practice and cannot be advertised publicly.)
4. Submit DVD excerpts from each workshop for assessment at session II and receive positive evaluations from peers and the Course Instructor(s).
5. Execute a Couples Workshop Presenter contract with IRI.
Post Course Requirements:
Within 18 months of the completion of the formal course, the Workshop Presenter Candidate must:
1. Write and submit a workshop manual to their Clinical Instructor(s) which includes a full text of lectures, description of experiential processes and written exercises. This is not designed to be innovative. It is to make sure you have the material well in hand and at your fingertips. Feel free to add your own personal illustrations, but don’t take liberties with the outline or material.
2. Lead TWO (20 hour) couples workshops, and only two, until certification. The second workshop must be observed on-site and evaluated by a Certified Clinical Instructor. A positive evaluation by the Certified Clinical Instructor must be submitted to IRI and to the Course Instructor(s). (Note: The Workshop Presenter Candidate is responsible for the travel expenses of the on-site observer and an honorarium for a minimum of five hours of observation). In South Africa this would be either Kobus van der Merwe or Michele Naude.
3. Submit all participant evaluations from all four training workshops to the Course Instructor(s).
Module I 12 500.00
Module II and III R8750 each
Note: Module II and II are 3.5 days each. Dates still to be confirmed. The Presenter/s of these modules may be Kobus van der Merwe and Michele Naude. International delegates may choose to complete Modules II and III in their country of origin if available or return to SA.
Imago Africa will undertake to assist international delegates with travel and accommodation requirements.
Please contact Michele Naude on firstname.lastname@example.org or El Marie on email@example.com for more information.