Imago Parenting: Giving The Love That Heals
Our parenting workshops are offered in a variety of formats – either a series of 8 weekly classes for parents, a weekend for parents, courses for parents, teachers and children at school, or short introductory talks. This is a step by step, experiential programme suitable for parents of children of all ages, other significant caretakers, educators and counsellors.
This programme is about developing & improving the quality of the parent-child connection, as opposed to being a parent-centred or child-centred programme. The programme focuses on becoming a more mindful, conscious and responsive parent, in-tune with what your child needs from you.
The parenting programme is based on the best-seller, “Giving the Love that Heals”, by Harville Hendrix, PhD and Helen LaKelly Hunt, PhD, and incorporates Imago Relationship Theory, with insights from latest research in neuroscience and child development. The programme is delivered by certified Imago practitioners. There is also a one-day condensed format of this programme.
Generational workshop for teens and parents
Have you ever felt like your kids are pressing every button you have?
You love them with every part of your being, and yet they can push you to the extremes of frustration!
Then you hate yourself for over-reacting, and over-compensate to feel less guilty?
You love those moments of connection and laughter and yet the best is when they are asleep?
This one-day workshop is for one parent and one teen pair, either mother-son, mother-daughter, father-son, father-daughter
It is an inter-active, fun and experiential workshop where parents and teens will spend time growing and learning together. Using Imago processes of mirroring, dialogue, high energy fun and appreciation the space between can be transformed.
Michele and Carol are both parents and have had vast experience with their own families as well as working with children and their parents with a combined experience of over 30 years!
To register and for more event details, email here
For more information about Michele and Carol click here
People who have attended their workshop in the past have said:
“I learnt to hold hands instead of hurts”
“Ground-breaking and eye-opening approach that will help us to develop healthy and happy children”
“Every family needs to attend this workshop in order to grow together”
“I learnt to be a present parent rather than a perfect parent”
From a 14 year old – “see the change in your family …”
They always say the Shoemaker has no shoes or the Electrician’s stove is broken. Everyone knows that the pastor has naughty kids. Can you imagine what a relational therapist’s family looks like? You guessed right….
My husband and I have three girls and there was a lot of conflict. As a therapist I found myself feeling a failure in my own parenting and very subjective. I also felt like a hypocrite for not being able to practice at home what I was preaching to my clients.
Last year we had the opportunity to attend an Imago Parent-Child workshop and everything changed:
- Three of the five in the family had to give up important appointments that weekend.
- It made the statement that family is important and that we sometimes need to make sacrifices.
- The setting of the workshop was very safe and allowed us to be honest and transparent especially us as parents.
- The children literally had a front row seat in being appreciated individually.
- They also observed us as parents communicate with each other in a meaningful and safe way.
- The children were also able to comprehend the workshop material on their level and surprising to us, they were capable of applying it in our family relationships.
- For the first time our children were able to see how they were different from one another and that instead of being the source for conflict, it rather was a source for individuality and team building.
- As parents we learned how and why our child/ren push our buttons and to deal with it in a conscious way rather than project those issues onto our child/ren. (The latter causing disconnection between us.)
- We learned that our children experience us in a different way than what we thought and the latter was very eye opening.
- Lastly but most importantly, the greatest outcome of attending the parent-child workshop was that we connected with one another on a new level and definitely felt closer.
I would definitely recommend this workshop to any family to learn together, have fun together and to deepen and even repair struggling relationships.
Interested in any of the Imago Africa events?
Please complete the form below and one of our team members will contact you shortly.